Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why does it still hurt?

I guess I have pretty high expectations when it comes to healing. Either that or no patience at all. I am only 48 hours post-op and already I feel as though I should be up and walking around without pain. My knee hurts and I'm still taking pain meds. Getting around the house still requires both crutches. Why am I surprised. The last time I was operated on I was healing for at least a week on the crutches. I guess the doc had me thinking that since the operation was quicker and less invasive that my recovery was going to be so much easier. And really, it's not so bad. I just am not a very good patient. I don't like not being able to do for myself. I also don't like being quite so foggy all the time. The percs help relax me, but my sleep is not sound. I wake up very itchy too. 

I guess I should just enjoy the ride. I am very fortunate to have my mother-in-law here taking wonderful care of me. I don't know what I would have done without her. In fact, she's making us a lovely breakfast right now. I would also like to take a minute to thank my friends and family who have entertained my children the last few days: Jahries', Collins' and Gorman's thanks for the sleep-overs and taking the kids here and there on what sounds like awesome adventures. 
I am currently distracted by pain so I guess it's time for another pill. Oh, I really don't know what they found during surgery as I can't recall the conversation with the doctor. But, I gather that they cleaned up some cartilage. I'll know more after I see the doc this week to get the stitches taken out. Thanks for all the good wishes and offers of help.


No comments: