Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Treme: Homefront Log; The Early Days, Day 8

This morning Colson was already finished eating breakfast and on his way to brush teeth before I could even get downstairs. He had also already read 15 minutes before he woke up. The kid is truly a morning person. Bella on the other hand, slept until a very reasonable 7:30 again. She had a much better day today. I think she is finally caught up on her sleep.
We had a full car on the way to school this morning. I drove the girls so Siri wouldn't have to leave with sick Bitty. She looks much better. Her strep test was positive. She should be able to go back to school tomorrow though since she's been on the meds since last night. Fortunately no one else has gotten it. Brigid was home sick yesterday but she is better today - hers was not flu or strep - something she ate she thinks. Yikes.
I took down the Halloween decorations after my run this morning. Then I blew the leaves almost into a pile. There are so many! Dave did the way back today with the rider. Thank goodness I don't have to do that. I think I'll save the raking for Saturday after soccer and try to get the kids to join in - they dried and put away dinner dishes tonight, so I should probably cajole them into raking.
I took Dan, Krista and Ben out to lunch at Dukem today. It was so good. I was thoroughly stuffed too. They all had never had Ethiopian before and the all liked it. It's so close to Ben's apartment - only a 3 block walk. He's glad to have a good restaurant so close. Krista is very lovely. Her Aussie accent is slight but still sounds cool. Dan seems quite smitten. They may come with us to DC on Friday if we decide to go. Gran is planning a crab feast for Sunday for Dan. Krista has never had steamed crabs before so it should be interesting for her.
After school the kids did their homework and opted for a little Paul Blart, so I made dinner and we ate in front of the TV. Then it was time for a rousing game of Sorry. Bella won by getting a "1" card and said "Booya" as she moved her last piece into the home spot. She cracks me up.
Colson lost interest in the World Series since the Yankees were winning so he went up to read. I went up at 10 and he was still awake. Hopefully he'll sleep in a little tomorrow. We'll see.
Bella's got some news for you in the morning. See you then. I love you.

No comments: