Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Treme: Homefront Log; The Early Days, Day 6

Colson popped out of bed and into the shower at 6:30 this morning. That kid just doesn't know the meaning of the words "sleep in". Bella wasn't too far behind. The morning was uneventful and according to plan. Bella did a nice job with her piano lessons and Colson built a hive dive for his mansion that touches the ceiling in the basement. We walked to school and it was pretty chilly. Bella thinks she's going to start wearing a hat and mittens. Perhaps if she wore a coat rather than a sweat shirt she may be a little warmer. I went for a 6 mile run after dropping them off. It felt great but I am beat. I am going to try a new routine tomorrow if I'm not in too much pain. I'll let you know how that goes.
I cleaned again (I seem to be doing that every day). The floors were trashed from Saturdays party since the rain made the leaves stick to everyone's shoes when they came in for the bathroom. So, I ran through with a mop and a vacuum. I still haven't gotten the bedrooms done but I hope that can be accomplished tomorrow. Bitty had a fever today so I went and sat with her while Siri took Liv to the doctor for her 2 month check up. She was up to 103 last time I saw her. I hope she's doing better. Siri's really nervous that she's getting the flu.
The girls walked home with us today since Bitty was sick. I think Bella liked that a lot. She wanted to play with them after homework but we needed to boogie to the airport to welcome Dan and Krista home. We picked Jimmy up at the house where he's been working and headed on down. We hit a little tunnel traffic so we didn't get to see them come through the gate. We met them at baggage claim. It was cool - we had quite a crowd. Merey, Richard, Sophie, Sue, Walter, Ben, Mitch, Mom, Shane, Finn, Ian, Me and Bella and Colson. Bella's favorite part was when Ben was swinging them around and spinning them on the floor. In fact, Bella said she was glad she didn't stay to play with the girls because she had so much fun with Ben.
We all went to dinner at a really bad restaurant in Catonsville. Well, the Barden's didn't join us, but every one else went. It was nice company, but the food was not so good. There weren't too many choices there for me either. Sue picked up the check which was very generous of her. All the kids sat at a table by themselves. It looked so strange to see a table of 5 kids and no adults. They behaved fairly well though. As we pulled into the driveway, Colson saw the Volvo and I think he thought you were home for a minute. He said he wished you were here. I agreed. They are going to be so psyched when you come home on the 13th.
Bella was so tired when we got home. She was asleep in no time. Colson watched a little of the World Series but decided to go read instead. He was happy that the Phillies were winning though. And I am now quite sleepy myself so I shall go to bed. I love you. Hope you had fun at the Saints' game.

No comments: