Sunday, November 1, 2009

Treme: Homefront Log; The Early Days, Day 5

I thought Colson might sleep in this morning but he woke up at the usual hour. It was nice though because instead of going down and getting his breakfast started, he snuggled in bed with me and we talked for about a half hour. It was such a treat to have him all to myself. We talked about trick or treating a little and we talked about school and friends. I will treasure that time.
We had some breakfast and I was putting off going outside to cleanup the aftermath. Joe said he'd come help after Church and Jen Stoner called to say she would come help soon. I went out and did trash patrol - 4 bags! Lots of stiemies. All in all though it wasn't too messy. I washed the dishes and Jen and Cindy showed up to take what they could. We loaded everything into the Lidard's wagon and they set off to deliver everything to the rightful owners.
The kids and I headed to Target to get a gift for Bella's friend Eva whose party was this afternoon. I guess the Mom's not much of a Raven's fan considering she scheduled the party for 1:00pm. I left Colson in the car so he could listen tot he game while I dropped Bella. He gave a pretty good summary of what had missed. We grabbed beverages at the Starbucks drive through and then hit SuperFresh to pick up some snack I could eat. Finally we got to the Sabo's. Jen, Glinda, Kerry and Cindy were there. Drew, Brigid and Emma showed up later. Bloodies were flowing but I held off until after I picked Bella up at 3:00. It's funny that when we pulled up to the house at the end of the first quarter they scored a field goal and when I pulled up to the house at the end of the third quarter, they scored another field goal. I was still a little nervous at that point about the game and said I'd like them to score another touchdown. And they did two plays later. That was nice of them to listen to me. The Sabo's TV is wounded and you can't see the top of the screen - so the score and timer were obscured. Colson and Matthew were TV snobs and decided to go to the Jahries house to finish watching the game. Colson got his arm stuck in the recliner while I was picking up Bella. They said he cried a bit about it but was OK. It must have been fine as he never mentioned it to me.
After the delicious win, we hit the hot tub in Glinda's yard. It was lovely. Brigid, Jen, Glinda, Cindy and I all soaked while Kerry watched. She didn't feel like walking all the way home to get her suit on! Typical Kerry.
After I dried off and Bella made arrangements with Kerry to party on a Saturday morning, we grabbed Colson and Matthew and headed to Gran's. Bella really liked Jane's dog. I was surprised though when she didn't bug me about getting one. I thought for sure that's all she would talk about. But she didn't say one word about it.
Sue brought some poster board and markers so we could all make signs for Dan's homecoming tomorrow. I translated Welcome home Dan and Krista into Korean and put that on my sign. Bella made one that said "Welcome home Dan. I Love you." Finn's said, "I thought you were never coming gome." The plan is to get as many of the family as possible to go to the airport tomorrow to hold the signs to welcome them. I think it will be Sue, Lilly, Walter, Ben, Mom, Merey, Sophie, Mitch and the kids and us. I think he'll like that very much. Can't wait to meet Krista. Sue thinks it's pretty serious with them. They are already planning on staying another year in Korea. They are both currently looking for jobs for when they get back.
OK, that's all. Gotta go soak. I love you and miss you more than Dairy and Eggs.

No comments: