Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Treme: Homefront Log; The Early Days, Day 7

This morning I was awakened at 6:30 by the sound of a metal spoon scraping the last bits of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios from the bowl Colson was having for breakfast. Daylight savings time has made this kids quite the early riser. I decided to join him downstairs, leaving Bella snuggled in our bed (when she came in during the night I have no idea). The beauty of getting up so early is that there's so much more time and the morning is that much more relaxed. I was finished making lunches by 7:00 am. Bella eventually woke up and joined us. I wanted her to sleep in though. She's been up late a few nights and been so weepy. Hopefully a few good nights' rest will help. I intended to begin a new work out routine after dropping the kids at school but I really wanted to get the kids' rooms cleaned first. Bella's was actually the easier of the two this time. I had a light lunch then headed to Baltimore Research for a market research panel about LEGO board games. They are actually pretty cool. Unfortunately they are not yet available here. I think Colson would really enjoy some of them. They seem to be a little more boy oriented. There's one game where you have to build items and the other players must guess what you are attempting to build; kind of like Pictionary with LEGOs.
I grabbed some soup at Atwaters and vegged on the computer while eating it. I then tackled changing Colson's sheets. It took me 10 minutes to put new sheets on that bed. Boy, if we had the room I'd get rid of the loft bed just so I wouldn't have to climb up to change the sheets.
It was a really beautiful day today. Sorry to have spent so much of it indoors but I did get through all of the laundry.
When the kids got home from school they did homework and watched a little TV. I had a Corned beef in the crock pot all day so dinner was ready early and we were able to eat before Guitar lessons. Parker and Chris stopped by on their way home from a hike at Oregon Ridge. They had a little dinner with us and took a look at the lodge. They were impressed. I hope to have them over one evening to sit and enjoy it a little.
During guitar lessons Bella and I shopped around in the store. She played the pianos and sat and played drums on the kid-size drum set. She wants those drums so badly. I guess it's good we don't have the room for a drum set.
When we got home Bella had a little melt down over nothing and we talked about how to handle feeling sad that you are away. I hope it helps. I need to come up with some solutions for her to express how she is feeling rather than just skipping right to sobbing. After she calmed down we played a math game together. We chatted with Nana for a bit too. Bella went to bed and Colson and I played a game of Sorry before he went up to read. We've got to bring back pizza and game night - although perhaps we'll do sushi and game night since I can't eat pizza.
We'll, there's a load of dry laundry begging to be folded and a tub that wants me to soak for a while so I'll bid you goodnight. I love you and miss you. Have a great day tomorrow.

No comments: