Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thoughts on Love while Missing Frank...

Did you ever wonder why we get so lost in love stories? Is it because we wish ordinary life were so exciting? Does anyone really ever fall in love like they do in the movies? Probably not, and that is why we keep going back for more. If it ever really happened that way to us, we wouldn't need to keep watching the next one. No one wants to see their own lives rerun. 
But real life is not the same. It's better. Who has the energy anyway for the way it is when you first fall in love?  Or is it lust? Really, we think it's love at the start but that's not what love is about. Love is discovery, knowledge and trust. Those cannot be gained in hours or days. Love takes time and insight. Then the real deal happens. I think the best passion is gained only after time. Looking back upon my greatest love affair (the one I'm still in) I can see how it has only gotten better with time. When someone has seen every side of you, every emotion good and bad, and they still stand by you, that's real. When everything you do and say is a result of your consideration of your mate, that's true love. When good thing and bad happen to me, I immediately think of sharing them with Frank. I know he'll laugh or cry with me, praise me or give me an idea what I could do to make it better. And that's better than any movie I've seen or book I've read. Although, I guess I'll keep watching and reading. And still I'll know that in the end, I've got the best story out there.

No comments: