Saturday, October 31, 2009

Treme: Homefront Log; The Early Days, Day 3

The day began in typical style. Colson was up first, followed by Bella then me. Matthew came and brought a pair of jeans for Colson's school party where they dressed as their favorite book character. Colson was dressing as Jack from The Magic Treehouse series. I asked him how he liked the jeans and he said he didn't like them at all and that he felt claustrophobic. By the end of the day though he liked them a little more but not enough to warrant me buying a pair for him.
Bella was up, dressed and ready to go in her cowboy boots, jeans and new t-shirt. She had her vest and hat in a bag which she brought down and placed by the door. I think she was a little excited about her party. wWe added braided pigtails and she was all set.
We walked to school, just the 4 of us. Everyone else has wimped out this week and driven. It was down right chilly though. I was dressed for running and couldn't wait to start so I could warm up. I ran almost 4 miles and felt great. I'm really looking forward to a nice long run on Monday. I may try for 5. It's strange how the longer I run, the better I feel.
I came home and cleaned the bathroom and had some lunch. I made a delicious grilled Haloumi, ham and tomato sandwich with jalapeno and cilantro mustard. Yum.
I hopped in the shower and began to ready my witchy self for Bella's party. I really had fun with my makeup this time: very dramatic eyes, hollowed out my cheeks and played up my wrinkles. The look on Bella's face when I walked in was priceless. She looked so cute in her costume. The kids really had a good time. They played pin the nose on the pumpkin, made bookmarks and had cupcakes and pretzels. I didn't dare go to Colson's class. I can only imagine the mortification of my showing up as a witch. He said his party was a lot of fun though.
I came home and washed most of my face leaving the dramatic eyes. I figured since I was going out later I may as well just keep it. I quickly changed and walked back up (alone again) to get the kids. I considered staying in costume to pick them up but I didn't want to embarrass Colson. Of course, I was telling that to the gang at pickup and Colson overheard andsaid it would have been cool if I was dressed as a witch! Go figure, I guess he's getting over his being embarrassed by me.
We came home and Matthew and Colson played legos and football while Bella, Emma and Annaliese wrote and illustrated a Halloween story. Jill came by to pick up the boys while I took Bella for her hair cut. She just got a trim but it looks much better - less shaggy. She and I picked up a chicken at SuperFresh for dinner and she picked out a few salad bar items for herself then we grabbed Colson on the way home. The kids were very excited for Hana to come and Bella hid to surprise her when she came in. They were eager to show her the back yard but Bella's thoughts soon turned to a movie. So they ordered "Monsters vs. Aliens" popped some popcorn and had at it.
I picked up Mom, Sue and Walter and we headed down to Mob Town theater. I bought a bag of props and a bottle of wine. We had quite a crowd - we took up the first two rows. When Parker walked in he created a stir and we all hooted and hollered as he walked down to his seat. He wore a blue dress, black wig, zebra bra and black low heeled sandals. He sat in the front row and got a nod of approval from Frankfurter from the stage.
Before the show started one of the actresses came out to give the lowdown on the show and the audience participation. She asked who the Rocky Horror Virgins were and asked us to come up. So, Ben, Alicia, Mic and some others came up on stage to be marked as virgins. We got v's on our hands in red lipstick but before she would write them we had to fake an orgasm. Somewhat embarrassing - poor Mic had to go first and he was right in front of Merey, Richard and Sophie. Then Ben went, right in front of Gran, Walter and Sue. Then it was my turn, I started but got too embarrassed to go to far. Poor Alicia just said, "I can't do this, my boyfriends whole family is here including his Grandmother." So, she let her off easy. It was really funny.
The show was great and the singing was really good. Jimmy played a mixture of Jimmy/Timmy which was really pretty funny. He looked like he was really having a good time. At the end of the show the cast invited people onto the stage to do the Time Warp. The narrator came over and grabbed Mom and took her up on the stage - she didn't do the time warp but they danced together. She really enjoyed it. After the show we were talking to various cast members. Jimmy was talking to the director and I wandered over in that direction and started singing what was on the radio. The director heard me and told me to audition for the next show. I asked him what they were doing and he said "Little Shop of Horrors" so I burst into "Suddenly Seymour" and he smiled. Maybe I will have to think about that.

No comments: